I am in London! Pretty much it is the most amazing place ever!
Traveling here was not as bad as I thought it would be. Sure, it was long, but luckily I had a layover in Chicago so that I could stretch and use the bathroom. The bathroom was the biggest thing, since i am still kind of afraid of airplane lavatories; not that I can't go in them, but if i can avoid it at all without developing a bladder infection, I will.
I changed a whole bunch of money at the airport, which was a BAD idea. The money changers at the airport were convenient, but the money changers around our hotel are much cheaper. You live, you learn, but hopefully you can learn from my mistake.

I met Sarah after her flight and we checked into our hotel and we are living it up! after a short (okay, long) nap, we went out to see Sunset Boulevard. It is a musical by Andrew Lloyd Weber. It is kind of a twisted tale about a young man trying to make it as a playwright. He meets and old, washed-up has-been, and she falls in love with him, then kills him when he tries to leave her. The music, of course, was beautiful, but not my favorite of Andrew Lloyd Weber's work. I am still very partial to Phantom, Evita, and Joseph.

Well, more to come tomorrow! Until then, Cheerio!
i've never heard of that musical before! you are having such adventures amy! also i'm glad you made it there safe (and were able to avoid the flight lavatory).
ReplyDeletedid you know Chicago has a huge flower market? I learned that today in my floral design class! London looks wonderful, although I wish you could enjoy it without the homework. I am excited to see you posting so much!
ReplyDelete