Friday, June 5, 2009

Shakespeare and a Bike Ride

The second day in Stratford was our only full day there, and it was wonderful. I love the feel of Stratford! It is just such a beautiful town!

I especially liked these boats. Each one is named after a Shakespearean heroin. I especially liked the "Ophelia" boat. didn't she drown in Hamlet? Yeah, I think I will pass up a ride in that one!
On Wednesday morning, we went to a whole bunch of Shakespearean landmarks. The highlights were:

Shakespeare's birthplace
Nash's house (Shakespeare's grandaughter and her husband lived here. This is where Shakespeare died)
John Hall's house (Shakespeare's daughter and her husband lived here. John Hall was a doctor, and Shakespeare learned a lot about medicine from him):
And the Holy Trinity Church, where Shakespeare is burried:

In the afternoon, two other girls and I went on a bike ride through the surrounding countryside. The bike ride was absolutely beautiful! This may have been the highlight of Stratford for me.

Overall, I absolutely love Stratford-Upon-Avon. It is a wonderful town!

No comments:

Post a Comment