Almost none of the tubes are running, so everyone is taking buses everywhere. Most of the buses are so full that they don't even stop at every stop. Each bus stop has about seventy people waiting to get on, pushing and shoving each other when any bus comes around!
Luckily, there I have figured out a way to avoid the masses...walk. This week I have just been walking everywhere, and it is kind of fun! Harrods is about a thirty minute walk away, and the theatres are only about an hour away. With the tube strike, taking the bus or a taxi takes over an hour, so walking is the best way to get around! Plus, I get to see some cool stores that I otherwise would have missed out on. Overall, the tube strike is not so bad for me.
Yesterday I went down to the theatre district to catch the last of my shows on my must-see list. What did I see?
and
These were the last two shows on my list of absolute must-sees, so I am feeling really good about myself right now. Here is a list of all the shows I have seen while here:
1. Sunset Boulevard
2. Romeo and Juliet
3. Alphabetical Order
4. Wicked
5. Twelfth night
6. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat
7. Time and the Conways
8. The Lion King
9. Carousel
10. All's Well that Ends Well
11. The Cherry Orchard
12. The Phantom of the Opera
13. Waiting for Godot
14. Much Ado About Nothing
15. The Comedy of Errors
16. War Horse
17. The Winter's Tale
18. As You Like It
19. Mama Mia
20. Peter Pan
21. Les Miserables
22. Hairspray
Man Amy 22 plays in six weeks, that is amazing!! You made good use of your time while there. I am so glad you had a great time!! I hope the Tube strike does not affect you getting to the Airport tomorrow!! Make sure you leave in plenty of time. See you tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteWhen we were pin paris, there was a strike on the subways...such a pain. Fortunately instead of not running at all, they were just running every 20-40 min instead of like every 10-15 min...still a pain though. Overcrowded public transport=stinky!!!
ReplyDelete-Rebecca