After class, a few of us decided to visit Kensington Palace, the Gardens, and then go to the Orangery for tea. The palace is right across the street in Hyde Park, so it was an exciting little near-by adventure. This picture is the gate of Kensington Palace.
The gardens were absolutely stunning! and the smell of hte flowers was nearly intoxicating. I could sit in that garden all day!
Tea at the Orangery was an experience I'll not soon forget. I ordered Peppermint tea and a slice of Belgian Chocolate Cake. Delicious!
After tea, we went to Harrods. At Harrods, I finally discovered what heaven is going to be like.
We were not allowed to take pictures inside, but I got a few on my phone anyways. The building that houses this miracle is a block long and five stories tall. This mega-department store has everything frorm Tiffany's diamonds too Doggie fashions. Mom, no matter what else we do, we absolutely must go to Harrods. It changed my life. ;)
Oh Amy fear not we will hit Harrods!! I visited it several times last time I was in London, oh which was the only time I have ever been to London!!I do believe I brought each of you kids something back from Harrods but I have no Idea what is was now!! Harrods is where the Chocolate Orange came from so many years ago. Now you can find the in the US as well.
ReplyDelete