
Overall, I found the London Bridge fun, but a little anticlimactic. It is pretty much your standard foot and car bridge. Still, I sang a verse of "London Bridge is Falling Down" while I was on it, which, to me, made the experience worth it.
This was probably the next most exciting stop on the tour. Charles Dickens and Shakespeare both stayed at this Inn and drank at this bar. It is even said that Shakespeare got some of his inspiration for Henry V. Pretty cool. Mostly I liked taking a picture in front of the Old Bar.The highlight of the day was definitely Romeo and Juliet at the Globe Theatre! It was absolutely amazing! The Royal Shakespeare Company put on the production, and I was so impressed! This is a picture of the add outside the theatre:

The actors were absolutely amazing. Juliet looked so, so young, which was spectacular for the production. Of all the versions I have ever seen (which, admittedly, isn't that many) this was my favorite! I would suggest this to anybody who will be in London during the performance.

The only down side of the Globe is that we got Yard Standing tickets, which means you can not sit down at all during the performance. My legs had quite the three hours trying to deal with that. But overall, it was an amazing experience that I will remember forever!
AMY!!! I love that you are updating every day! Its so fun to see what you are up to! It looks like you are having a blast! AND...Beth...the girl you are posing by the Romeo and Juliet poster with...we are best friends! I love that you are in London with her! Small world! Tell her hello! :D I love you Amy! Keep updating!
ReplyDeleteTHE GLOBE! I love it! I am so jealous you got to see Romeo and Juliet! Amy it looks like you are having so much fun
ReplyDelete-Melissa