Monday, May 4, 2009

Getting Lost and Alphabetical Order

Today was an interesting one. After class a group of us were going on a Beatles Tour. Awesome, Right?!

Except that the girl who organized the tour realized (after we traveled forty minutes on the tube) that the tour is only on Wednesdays. So we get to the gathering place and there is no tour guide. Bummer, but there is, of course, LOTS of things to do in London.



So we decide to go to Piccadilly Square, which is a major shopping center, and we took the right bus...in the wrong direction. Pretty much I will never trust anyone to organize anything for me again.

Eventually we did make it to Piccadilly Square. Very anticlimactic, and by the time I got there I was so tired from the two and a half hours of bus/tubes that we rode that I kind of wanted to go home. Still, I enjoyed mydelf for about forty minuted and managed to get a couple post cards I will mail home as soon as I can. Also, the square has a Ripply's Believe it or Not museum. We didn't go through it, but the entryway was still pretty cool.


In the evening, our class went and saw a comedy called Alphabetical Order at the Hampstead Theatre. On the way, we passed Baker Street. I hope you are thinking about the Great Mouse Detective, because I am!



The play we saw was awesome! I was so surprised how much I liked it because I hated reading the script (which we are required to do). But the play was wonderful! The story is about the lives of people working in a reference library. The staff is completely unorganized, but the people are pretty happy. They have a new hire that organizes the place, but she is psychotically passive aggressive, and everything goes crazy! It was very entertaining. I would recommend it, and it wasn't too terribly long either.


After the play, we celebrated three of the girls birthday. From left to right: Charity, Christy, and Krystin. They are the nicest/collest girls. We purchased the fancy-schmancy cake right down the street after the play. It was a fun little party!

2 comments:

  1. So you are going on the Beatle tour on Wenesday right? I cant wait to hear if that is worth going too!! You know how I love the Beatles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate mixed up schedules, boo. but that play sounds like it has definite potential!

    ps, our freshman RA jesse is in my eng class this spring! i wonder how much she remembers about us...

    ReplyDelete