Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday School!

Today Mckell (one of the other girls in the program) and I taught the youth Sunday School class. I was really, really nervous before class, but it went really well! We taught a brief overview of the Plan of Salvation. I was so impressed with the youth! There are about ten or twelve youth in the class, and they are so strong. I felt that I learned a lot more from them than they could ever learn from me. The experience was absolutely inspiring. I thin kit is amazing how the Lord really will support you in the callings he has given you. I know we had His spirit with us when we teach, and I am so grateful to Him for that.

Also, I am going to teach Young Womens next week. I am excited and scared at the same time. I am going to Paris for the majority of the week, so I am going to have to really make time to prepare the lesson. Still, I know that if we put in an honest effort God will make up the rest.

So since I don't have that much to write about today, I thought I would make a little list of things that make London so different from the States. Here goes:

1. Cars drive on the Left side of the road, and the driver's seat is on the right side of the road. The drivers seat gets me every time!

2. Everybody smokes. Everybody, everybody, everybody. For the first week or so I had a headache everyday from the smoke, but I have acclimated since then. I can't wait to get back to the clean American air!

3. The food is fresher in London, and there are no preservatives in it. The fruit is ready to eat when you buy it, and pasta sauce tastes Mm, mm good without preservatives! Unfortunately, because the food is fresher, you have to go grocery shopping a whole lot more often! I probably go about twice a week.

4. Most people use public transportation. The underground is the stuff of dreams, and the bus drivers are the most amazing drivers in town! I love public transportation.

5. There are tons of markets, and buying food at the markets is totally worth it! Ok, I know we have farmers markets in the United States, but they don't even hold a candle to the markets here! Especially the bread and cheese stands. So tasty!

6. London is extremely culturally diverse. Even Los Angeles seems dull compared to this place! Walking down the street you are guaranteed to hear at least three different languages and see at least four or five families in cultural garb. I really love it.

7. Dogs are extremely well-behaved. Everyone lets their dog off the leash in the park, and it is no big deal. People really love their dogs here. The parks even have special doggie-poo waste baskets!

8. Cathedrals and fancy church buildings are everywhere! They are all so beautiful!

9. MacDonald's and Burger King are really fancy, comparatively speaking. They have chandeliers and everything!

10. Getting lost is truly impossible. Every bus ends up at a tube stop somewhere, and any tube stop has tube maps available, and finding home on a tube map is the easiest process in the world. London is the city of miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment