This is one of the most famous greenhouses in Kew Gardens. It is the Palm house, and it contains some species of palms that do not exist in the wild anymore!
Inside the Palm House was very hot and humid, so none of my pictures turned out very good. But this one is ok. Just to give you some perspective of the awesomeness of it all, the palm leaf you see here is not even close to the biggest or coolest thing in there. It was truly amazing. They even had a fish exhibit underground!
I also loved the Temperate House. Mostly, it had a bunch of flowers and woody trees. Also, the outside of the house is absolutely stunning!
Here are some of my favorite flowers. Most of the I found in the Temperate House:




There was also this tree that looked like it was falling over! We got a kick out of it. :)
The Waterlilly House was also very impressive, though much smaller. THis is the only room in the house.
We also got to walk on the Treetop Walkway. It was amazing! Basically, you climb this towering staircase and walk around at the top of the trees! It was really fun, but a little bit unnerving. The bottom of the walkway is made of the same metal grating as the sides, and as you can see, it is see-through. I was nervous! But I still loved it, and I think I got the adrenaline rush I needed to get through the rest of the gardens.

We also really likes the Japanese Pagoda. We didn't get to go inside, but you can see the top of it from so far away!

There is also a lake in the middle of the gardens. The water doesn't exactly look swimable, but it is a very scerene atmosphere.
One of the outdoor gardens that really stuck out to me was the Azalia Garden. It just reminded me of the last time that I went to Descanso Gardens with Eric. I had just finished telling him not to be a brainy, then jokingly said, "All right, Mr. Know-it-all, show me the Azilas." He said, "I'm not big into flowers, but I think they are called A-za-lias." I still laught about this, so I was glad to see some beautiful Azalias.
I took a million more pictures at the gardens, but I could not possibly post them all. I will show you when I get home!
No comments:
Post a Comment