Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wicked!

Okay, I really did not plan on going to see Wicked in London, but when a group said that they were going to the matine today, I just couldn't resist! And student tickets are only 25 pounds for a center seat in the eighth row! It was amazing!

The biggest difference between the performance in Los Angeles and the performance here is that all of the performers here have accents! It was kind of funny and distracting at first, but I got used to it and loved it!


Although in our performance we had the understudy Elphaba, she was spectacular! Not to mention absolutely beautiful. Even though she was green, she was easily the prettiest girl on stange in every scene. She even outshined Galinda, which was fun. Her voice was spectacular as well!

Fiyero is an awesome character, but his entrance was a little bit of a shock. When he stood up for the first time, his pants were so tight! They looked like they were painted on! Ok, that is a little bit of an exaggeration, but they were really tight. I was relieved when he finally changed his pants and they were not quite as tight.

The other thing about Fiyero...he just seemed really...gay. The way he carried himself, I just couldn't get the idea out of my mind. It was a little distracting to me, but most of the other girls didn't even notice. Overall, ha has a great voice and plays a great Fiyero.


Glinda was absolutely hilarious! She probably had the strongest accent, and the biggest smile. I really liked her character. 


My biggest disappointment in this play was the pace. All of the lines and songs were delivered so fast, with hardly any pause at all! I felt that there was no time for the characters to really display as much emotion as I felt at what was happening.

Overall, I loved it! It was so fun to see it here, and definitely worth the student seats. I just love this play!

3 comments:

  1. wow Amy I am so glad you got to see wicked!! I am however disapointed that today is Wednesday and the only day of the week to have the Beatle tour!!! I guess you will have to hit the Beatle tour another Wednesday, Yeah Yeah Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked in London!! Amy..thats incredible. Glad you are having a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay did you get the program? Isn't it funny that the woman that plays Elphaba is really blond and the woman that plays Glinda is a brunette? What else are you going to see while you are there?

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete