Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Tate Museums

Today I went to two of the most famous art museums in London: The Tate Modern and the Tate Britain. They are so awesome! Unfortunately, like most art museums, you cannot take any pictures inside, so there won't be any pictures of what I saw, but I saw a lot!

We went to the Tate Modern first. It is an entire museum of modern art. Some of the more famous artists features here are Picasso, Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein. Basically, I really loved it!

One of the warnings I have for anyone who wants to come to this museum: if there is a sign in front of the exhibit that it may be explicit in nature, beware. They don't mean, "There may be nudity," they mean, "This will disturb you out of your mind." So, just to warn you!


The Tate Britain was filled with beautiful art from British history. Most of the art was classical, but they also had some modern art. Unfortunately, the museum is installing many new exhibits right now, so most of it was closed. I felt that the museum was rather small. Also, the museum did not have as much sculpture as I wanted to see, but the ones they did have were amazing.

Overall, today was definitely a wonderful, cultural experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment